Institute for Research in Technology —
Instituto de Investigación Tecnológica
Details of the project
||Comprehensive solutions for power quality issues and power-flow control, using power electronics
||January 2012 - December 2014
||Universidad de Alcalá
||This project is devoted to:
(1) A global analysis of series and shunt electronic converters to improve voltage and current quality in electric power systems.
(2) A global analysis of series and shunt electronic converters to optimize power flows in power systems.
(3) The promotion to multi-purpose and flexible series and shunt electronic converters to be used in power systems.
(4) the integration of power electronic converters in the dayly operation of electric power systems in order to study the advantages and disadvantages of this technology.
(5) the analysis of power electronic devices in power systems with an important participation of renewable energy sources.
The above objectives are part of a coordinated project with Alcalá University. With this coordinated action, we intend:
(a) To contribute to the global analysis of the integration of renewable energy in the grid using power electronics.
(b) To contribute to the global analysis of the use of power electronic converters to improve voltage and current quality in electrical grids
(c) To contribute to the global analysis of the use of power electronic converters to optimize power flows in electrical grids.
(d) To contribute to find new electronic devices to improve the operation of future electric grids (from micro-grids to HVDC super grids).
(e) To investigate multi-purpose devices to obtain more efficient solutions.
(f) To investigate the massive integration of power electronics converters in future electrical grids.
© Comillas Pontifical University, ICAI School of Engineering, Institute for Research in Technology
Mailing Address: C/ Alberto Aguilera 23, 28015 Madrid, Spain
Building SM26: C/ Santa Cruz de Marcenado 26, 28015 Madrid, Spain MAP
Building FR3: C/ Francisco de Ricci 3, 28015 Madrid, Spain MAP
Contact Information: Tel: +34 91 542-2800, Fax: +34 91 542-3176, email: email@example.com