- It can be run in almost any web browser, including handheld devices such as the iPhone
- If possible, it finds three different solutions:
- Fastest Route: based on minimun time estimation.
- Minimum Connections: it is usefull if you have luggage, or just prefere an easier route.
- Handicap accessible: makes all connections at stations with handicap access.
- The code is opensource so anyone can see how (well or badly) it has been written. It is also possible to improve the algorithm if you have programming skills.
- The program can be adapted to any metro network by entering the names of the stations (grouped by lines) and defining the connections.
- The optimization algorithm is very slow, specially with large metro networks. However there is a PHP/MySQL version that requiere an active Internet connection, and a standalone application called iMetro Multi-City at AppStore