Institute for Research in Technology
IIT is a research center of ICAI School of Engineering, which belongs to the Comillas Pontifical University, Madrid, Spain.
Its main objective is to promote research and post-graduate studies in different technological fields, by means of developing research
projects of interest for the Industry and Administration.
Area of Engineering Design
- Mechanical systems
- Structural mechanics
- Machinery components
- Fast prototyping
- Electrical systems
- Electromagnetic fields and coupled problems
- Energy systems
- Heat transfer
- Fluid dynamics
- Thermoelectricity (Peltier and Seebeck effects)
- Hydraulic and thermal machines
- Energy efficiency and savings
Area of Railway Systems
- Efficiency in railways operation.
- Energy efficient timetabling and train driving (Ecodriving).
- Optimal design of signalling and railways capacity.
- Railways power systems.
- Safety analysis, specification and demonstration of RAMS, quality control and assurance.
- Communication and control in railway power systems.
Area of Intelligent Systems
- Forecasting and data mining
- Modeling, simulation and optimization
- Reliability, maintenance and diagnosis
- Artificial vision
- Mobile robotics
- Helping accessibility using ICT
- RAMS Analysis
Group of Electronics and Automation
- Automation, Communications and Industrial Informatics
- Power Electronics and Control Systems
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
Area of Modelling, Analysis and Control
Desarrollo de herramientas informáticas para estudios electrotécnicos relacionados con aspectos tales como:
- Power flow
- Load-frequency control
- Frequency/voltage control system or governor system
- Automatic voltage control
- Electric power systems design
- Relaying Systems / protection schemes
- Distributed/dispersed generation impacts
Area of Smart and Green Networks
- Planning and operation of active networks with distributed
generation and active demand response.
- Quality of service and network security by automated functions
for operation and control.
- Tariff design and price signals for an effective integration fo
distributed generation and active demand response.
- Long-term energy prospective and its impact on the electricity Publications
- Large scale integraton of renovable energy keeping the security
- Markets for procurement of ancillary services (voltage control
and operational reserves) including large scale penetration of
Area of Regulation and Economics of Energy
- Regulatory design of energy markets
- Economic instruments for environmental and climate change policy
- Transmission and distribution networks regulation.
Area of Decision Support Systems in the Energy Sector
- Short term operation and market bids.
- Hourly operation tools for generating units, hydrothermal scheduling and economic dispatch.
- Bid strategies in electricity markets.
- Medium term planning studies.
- Methods and tools for hydrothermal scheduling, market price forecasting.
- Network analysis, nodal price computation.
- Generation and bulk system reliability.
- Long term strategic analysis.
- Generation expansion modeling.
- Impact of new generation.
- Future markets.
- Distributed and parallel computing applied to mathematical programming problems.
- Distributed computing on grid and cloud infrastructures.
- Parallel computing on multi-core architectures like GPUs.
|No events today
Díaz, C.A., Webster, M., Villar, J., Campos, F.A.
Dynamics of market power in ERCOT system: a fundamental CSFE with network constraints,
IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.
JCR impact factor 3.530 (2013) - CIRC: EX
Accepted for publication.
Delgadillo, A.R., Reneses, J.
Analysis of the effect of voltage level requirements on an electricity market equilibrium model,
International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. 71, 93-100, (Oct/2015)
JCR impact factor 3.432 (2012) - CIRC: EX
Mastropietro, P., Rodilla, P., Batlle, C.
National capacity mechanisms in the European internal energy market: Opening the doors to neighbours,
Energy Policy. 82, 38-47, (Jul/2015)
JCR impact factor 2.696 (2013) - CIRC: EX
Ochoa, M., Roldán-Pérez, J., García-Cerrada, A., Zamora, J.
Efficient multiple-reference-frame controller for harmonic suppression in custom power devices,
International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. 69, 344-353, (Jul/2015)
JCR impact factor 3.432 (2012) - CIRC: EX
Pérez-Díaz, J.I., Chazarra, M., García-González, J., Cavazzini, G., Stoppato, A.
Trends and challenges in the operation of pumped-storage hydropower plants,
Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. 44, 767-784, (Apr/2015)
JCR impact factor 5.510 (2013) - CIRC: EX
Veiga, A., Rodilla, P., Herrero, I., Batlle, C.
Intermittent RES-E, cycling and spot prices: the role of pricing rules,
Electric Power Systems Research. 121, 134-144, (Apr/2015)
JCR impact factor 1.595 (2013) - CIRC: A
Mastropietro, P., Barroso, L., Batlle, C.
Power transmission regulation in a liberalised context: an analysis of innovative solutions in South American markets,
Utilities Policy. 33, 1-9, (Apr/2015)
JCR impact factor 1.236 (2013) - CIRC: B
Barbosa, A.Q., Da Silva, L.F.M., Abenojar, J., del Real-Romero, J.C., Paiva, R.M.M., Öchsner, A.
Kinetic analysis and characterization of an epoxy/cork adhesive,
Thermochimica Acta. 604, 52-60, (Mar/2015)
JCR impact factor 2.105 (2013) - CIRC: A
La participación social es clave para la red eléctrica,
Observatorio de las Ideas. (24), 10-13, (Mar/2015)
Wang, J.L., Jiménez-Octavio, J.R., Wei, Ch., Shabana, A.A.
Low order continuum-based liquid sloshing formulation for vehicle system dynamics,
Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics. 10 (2), 021022-1-021022-10, (Mar/2015)
JCR impact factor 1.530 (2013) - CIRC: A